Complete Poetry Collections

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Welcome to my Poetry Blog!


After a long pause, I decided to create a separate blog to focus solely on my poetry.  My Reflections and Renewal blog at www.marypettigrew.blogspot.com  is still active and I'll be re-vamping the content soon. I've entered much of my work under the Poetry Collections page here.  I'm looking forward to using this blog and sharing even more of my work.

Hope you enjoy!




BATTLE WOUNDS

  
No reprieve, once healed
agenda is to cut again -
becoming common, somewhat normal -
each cut, pain no longer
recognized.

Scars, wounds visible
others, critical...chronic -
never seen, nor felt to the touch -
pretending, hopeful of prayer, or magic...
fantasize, fantastical  in thought...
are the scars still there?

Scan deeper - take a picture
my skin, tissues vanish somewhat -
becoming transparent
allowing my wounds to illuminate
taking center stage in my priceless portrait.



MPP2014

No comments:

Post a Comment